Gross Motor Skills
Gross Motor Skills are skills that improve the large muscles in the body.
Here are several activities to help with Gross Motor Skills
- Balancing- Draw a line on the sidewalk with sidewalk chalk and have them try to stay on the line. Using a curb will also help or gardening edging would work as well.
- Dancing- We like to play dance freeze here. I play music and they dance and when the music goes off we freeze. You can also do things like hokey pokey and songs like that.
- Obstacle Course- Make an obstacle course where they have to climb over things go under things you can even through in balancing and other fun things!
- Swimming- Kicking their legs in the pool and using their arms to swim is great for building muscles.
- Playing Pretend- Waddle like a duck, gallop like a horse, stiff legged robots, soaring like planes.
- Riding a Tricycle, scooter, ride on toys
- Throwing and catching a ball
- Playing tag, follow the leader, red light green light, simon says, duck duck goose.
- Swinging, sliding, running, climbing, and jumping.
These are all really good for Gross Motor Skills!
If you can think of anymore leave a comment to share with everyone!
Next Tuesday we will go through how to teach Numbers.